Thursday, October 1, 2009

Palouse in October



Hey everyone,

I feel a bit breathless with all the activity going on here. The grapes have arrived, well, some at least. They are just starting their descent upon us with Riesling arriving Monday, Tuesday we picked up Zin (oh, so deep and dark) and Cab Franc, tomorrow we pick up Merlot and Syrah. These are only a few of the vineyards we buy from and each has their own schedule. It seems a little unusual as we usually get Merlot the first of the reds with a week or more between them. I guess it’s been a hot summer in Eastern Washington.

We set up the crusher/destemmer this morning. I take pictures every year so we can remember how we did it last year as it is somewhat complicated. It is the structure in our yard that looks reminiscent of a gallows. I am also sending a couple of shots from the Dineen Vineyard so you can see how lovely the grapes look hanging. Ultimately, they will be perfection in the bottle. So far the grapes have been luscious and sweet.

We are still doing wine tasting on the weekends here so come on down and see the mess. Today, Oct 1, 2009 I am going to The Wine Alley in Renton for a pouring and on Saturday I will be in Tacoma at the Glass Museum doing an event. Last weekend we got to do the VAA Art Auction. In the mean time we are busy planning the Prisoner Release Party for November 21st, 2009. Feel free to join me at my various pourings whenever possible as I always love to see a familiar face when I do these events. I will have Faith with me since George will be busy crushing fruit this afternoon when it comes in.

Linda
Palouse Winery

No comments:

Post a Comment